Based in Brasilia, Brazil
April 30th, 2015
In Chroma Squad you manage an indie Japanese superhero TV studio, casting actors, purchasing equipment, crafting weapons and giant Mechas out of cardboard and glue to create your own TV show. Once the cameras are rolling, you take control of your cast of five colored-jumpsuit-clad warriors in dramatic, turn-based battles.
The idea of a game about a Super Sentai studio came naturally to the team. Most of the team was a fan of those series when young, since they were very famous in Brazil during the 80's and 90's. Behold Studios went to Kickstarter in 2013 to pitch this crazy idea to the world. Turns out the world likes it - Chroma Squad was 180% funded and was released for PC, Xbox, PS4 and mobile!
- Create your own TV studio: hire actors, upgrade your equipment, do marketing, craft weapons, costumes and giant cardboard robots!
- Tactical RPG combat with a twist: combine your heroes' abilities with Teamwork maneuvers!
- In-Depth RPG systems with skill trees, random equipment, crafting, and branching storyline!
- A love letter to tokusatsu and the Japanese series of our childhood!
- Deliciously-animated pixel art and a chiptune soundtrack that shines like justice!
Chroma Squad - Official Release Trailer YouTube
Chroma Squad - Release Date Announcement YouTube
GDC Trailer YouTube
Gamescom Gameplay Walkthrough YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Chroma Squad. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Brazilian Revelation nominee" BIG Festival, 2014
- "Indie MEGABOOTH selected" PAX, GDC, Gamescom, 2014
- "Best Indie Game nominee" SXSW, 2015
- "Best Game winner 🏆" SBgames, 2015
- "Best Audio winner 🏆" SBgames, 2015
- "Best Game Design nominee" SBgames, 2015
- "Best Programming nominee" SBgames, 2015
- "Big Booth selected" BIG Festival, 2015
- "Best Indie Game nominee" Dubai Game Expo, 2015
- "Best Audio winner 🏆" Dubai Game Expo, 2015
- "Best Brazilian Game nominee" BGA, 2015
- "Best Original Game nominee" BGA, 2015
- "Best Indie of the Year nominee" IndieDB, 2015
- "Top 10 games of 2015 nominee" Kotaku US, 2015
- "A game of “manager, tactical turn-based, meta-game, pixel art fun” they say? It looks adorable. I am in!"
- Cara Ellison, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "Sentai studio sim Chroma Squad could be my XCOM replacement"
- Steven Hansen, Destructoid
- "So Chroma Squad is more than just a clever idea. It's also a sharp strategy game, has a deep simulation backbone, and it's funny too."
- Mark Brown, Pocket Gamer
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About Behold Studios
Behold Studios is a small indie game development studio from Brasilia, capital of Brazil. The award-winning studio was founded in 2009 and its main focus is PC, Mobile and Consoles. Currently working on Out of Space, they are mostly known for their previous games Knights of Pen and Paper and Chroma Squad.
More information on Behold Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Chroma Squad Credits
Composer, Sound Designer