Based in Brasilia, Brazil
1 May, 2012
Set out on a grand adventure in this turn-based retro style pixel-art RPG where players take on the roles of in-game players taking on the roles of their characters in a traditional pen and paper RPG session.
During the early days of Behold Studios, with the team still working inside a bookstore, the idea came out after we started chatting about what would be the core mechanics that could be translated to a pen and paper RPG simulator. The first prototype was born out of the simplest version of that idea and, once the concept was tested, the team started working on the full game. When released originally for mobile platforms, the game turned out to be a selling and critical success, leading the team to work on ports for PC and other platforms. KoPP was majorly responsible for consolidation of Behold as an indie game development company and for defining the fundamentals of our future works.
- The ultimate pen and paper RPG simulation experience.
- Put together your own role-playing group complete with the game master, the role-players and their respective classes.
- Fight and explore your way through a perilous fantasy world to defeat the dark mage.
- Level up and get your hands on more gold to unlock epic items and gear for your party.
- As the game master, you can set up the fights yourself and choose how many monsters to battle.
Gameplay Video YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Student Showcase Winner 🏆" IGF 2013
- "2012 App of the Year 🏆" SlideDB
- "Community Choice Finalist" Unity Awards 2013
- "Best Game Finalist" OUYA CREATE 2013
- "Best Game Finalist" GAMEWORLD Trophy 2013
- "Best Game, Most Original, Best Gameplay 🏆" Brazilian Independent Games Festival, SBGames 2012
- "Finalist: Best Indie Game" Game Music Brasil
- "This is Role-Playing in its purest form"
- Mike Fahey, Kotaku
- "An indie turn-based retro style pixel-art RPG.’ I love every single one of those adjectives."
- Lucas M. Thomas, IGN
- "It’s clever, charming, customizable, and virtually infinitely replayable."
- Bob Rich, 148 Apps
- "4/4 must have"
- Phil Eaves, Slide to Play
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About Behold Studios
Behold Studios is a small indie game development studio from Brasilia, capital of Brazil. The award-winning studio was founded in 2009 and its main focus is PC, Mobile and Consoles. Currently working on Out of Space, they are mostly known for their previous games Knights of Pen and Paper and Chroma Squad.
More information on Behold Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition Credits